With safety as a top priority, Direct Flooring continues to lead the way in regulations and best practices as we all head back into the workplace and deal with the new normal.
SOCIAL DISTANCING – Now that we are back in the office, we are talking measures to social distance and have created protocols that ensure safe work practices.
OSHA – Some OSHA standards that apply to preventing occupational exposure to COVID-19 also requires training of our workers on elements of infection prevention, including PPE.
PPE – Personal Protective Equipment is on hand and in use at all major construction sites currently open to maximize the safety of our workers and clients.
OSHA – General Guidance for All Workers
For all workers, regardless of specific exposure risks, it is always a good practice to:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands that are visibly soiled.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if sick.
- Recognize personal risk factors. According to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), certain people, including older adults and those with underlying conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes, are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
New Jersey has reopened construction sites and our crews are busy at work installing hardwood, LVT, carpet and tile flooring in residential mid-rise apartment buildings and condominiums throughout the state. Our goals are always aligned with our client’s goals: to work safely and maximize efficiencies while keeping a keen eye on quality and workmanship.
As we look forward to other areas of the tri-state area opening over the next 30-45 days, we will continue to lead the industry in flooring solutions and products in the tri-state metro area. Direct Flooring has a long-standing reputation in setting the standard in flooring and is looking to lead the industry in safety as well.
Direct Flooring, located in Flemington, NJ, has been the top choice of construction firms, developers, home builders, architects and designers since 2005. Trusted with custom flooring solutions in mid-rise and high rise locations in NYC, Philadephia, and throughout NJ, Direct Flooring has earned a reputation for providing the finest luxury flooring products in the tri-state area.