[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Keeping our kids and adults safe in school and library environments is a top priority. A strategic plan for school administrators and municipalities in New Jersey includes new ways to keep flooring areas clean and to ease some of the maintenance burden at the same time. Over the past few years, there has been a dramatic change in the way schools and libraries are thinking about flooring throughout New Jersey.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
REPLACING FLOORS IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES
Floor replacement in schools and libraires is required for multiple reasons. Regular wear and tear is tough on most traditional flooring, and recent trends to low maintenance flooring indicate what schools and libraries are seeking. More often than not, carpet is being replaced with Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT), a much more resilient product.
A major advantage of LVT flooring is that it does not need to be waxed, and therefore is much easier to maintain. Also, the cleaning process is much faster and less expensive for LVT when compared to carpet. Frank Gomes from Direct Flooring explains, “We are seeing a solid trend in many of the state municipalities, school districts and libraries to do away with all carpet flooring completely.”[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_single_image image=”6280″ img_size=”600×400″ alignment=”center”][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
FLOOR CLEANING SERVICES FOR SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES
Maintaining the floors in any public schools and library spaces should include a robust method of cleaning, especially if they have carpeting. At Direct Flooring, we have seen a trend that calls for floor cleaning at regular intervals for carpeting.
“Many of the school administrators have asked us to remove the existing carpeting in many of the classrooms and large areas, like the library,” says Frank. He continued, “We are now cleaning carpets at many schools and libraries at regular intervals, as well as replacing carpeted areas with options that are easier to clean and maintain, such as LVT or LVP (Luxury Vinyl Plank).[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
FLOORING SERVICES OFFERED BY DIRECT FLOORING FOR MUNICIPALITIES, LIBRARIES AND SCHOOLS IN NJ
• Evaluate current carpeting and flooring conditions
• Prepare detailed report and costs associated with proper cleaning of existing carpeting
• Removal and replacement of old flooring requiring waxing and replacing it with LVT or LVP.
• Removal of carpeted areas and replacing it with LVT or LVP.
• Replacement of flooring area by area (which allows schools to remain open during transition period)
• Direct Flooring offers a service for libraries that includes moving shelves, packaging books, and reinstalling everything after the flooring has been replaced.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]It has become increasingly clear for schools to employ a strategy that includes a cleaning program that supports the well-being of the school’s faculty, staff, and students. Cleaning floors regularly removes soil, dirt, debris, and organic materials from the floors surface.
School and library officials are focused on many aspects of mitigating effects of the pandemic and future strains. Keeping a school or library’s population safe is a top priority for all of them.[/vc_column_text][vc_separator color=”peacoc” border_width=”2″][vc_column_text]
ABOUT DIRECT FLOORING
Direct Flooring specializes in commercial flooring products and services throughout New Jersey. We provide and install carpet, resilient, LVT and tile for NJ State Approved Contracts, including municipal projects like libraries and schools.
Direct Flooring has replaced flooring for hundreds of municipal projects in New Jersey over the past 15 years. For more information on how to obtain a bid from Direct Flooring contact Frank Gomes, Direct Flooring’s New Jersey State Contract Specialist, at (732) 241-0232 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]